This is an invitation to you to make dolls for the children of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. Please explore this section this before you begin your doll. We have:
- Essential Guidelines for Dollmakers, to find out about the basic principles of Uthando dolls.
- Tools and Materials, explaining what you’ll need.
- Patterns for sewn, knitted and crocheted dolls and animals, and for doll clothing and accessories.
- Information on Different types of dolls for KZN
- A description of our Kits , which you can buy or make.
- For teachers, a special Dolls in the classroom guide. Please note we require teachers to register their school’s participation in the Project prior to commencing dollmaking with students as we are only able to accept donations of dolls that meet specific shipping requirements. Contact Schools Co-ordinator: email@example.com to register.
Of course, you are welcome to adapt Uthando patterns to create characters of your choice, keeping our basic principles in mind. However, while Uthando dolls may be various sizes, they will cost more to send if they are much larger than 35 cms.